Wednesday 5 December 2007

The Ritz Carlton Service Experience



A few years back, I worked with Sandals and Ritz Carlton in Jamaica… the subject matter was customer service and the customer experience… a great time was had by all.

Next week, I am off to Athens to deliver a keynote presentation on customer experience, and in my research I revisited the great
Ritz Carlton website and this page on the Credo, Motto, Steps of Service, etc.

These give us the underlying values and principles of the Ritz Carlton success story – you must visit one of their hotels to understand the experience. (All copyright etc belongs to Ritz Carlton):


The Credo The Ritz-Carlton Hotel is a place where the genuine care and comfort of our guests is our highest mission.
We pledge to provide the finest personal service and facilities for our guests who will always enjoy a warm, relaxed, yet refined ambience.
The Ritz-Carlton experience enlivens the senses, instills well-being, and fulfils even the unexpressed wishes and needs of our guests.


Motto
At The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C., "We are Ladies and Gentlemen serving Ladies and Gentlemen." This motto exemplifies the anticipatory service provided by all staff members.


Three Steps Of Service
1 A warm and sincere greeting. Use the guest's name.
2 Anticipation and fulfilment of each guest's needs.
3 Fond farewell. Give a warm good-bye and use the guest's name.


Service Values: I Am Proud To Be Ritz-Carlton
1 I build strong relationships and create Ritz-Carlton guests for life.
2 I am always responsive to the expressed and unexpressed wishes and needs of our guests.
3 I am empowered to create unique, memorable and personal experiences for our guests.
4 I understand my role in achieving the Key Success Factors and creating The Ritz-Carlton Mystique.
5 I continuously seek opportunities to innovate and improve The Ritz-Carlton experience.
6 I own and immediately resolve guest problems.
7 I create a work environment of teamwork and lateral service so that the needs of our guests and each other are met.
8 I have the opportunity to continuously learn and grow.
9 I am involved in the planning of the work that affects me.
10 I am proud of my professional appearance, language and behaviour.
11 I protect the privacy and security of our guests, my fellow employees and the company's confidential information and assets.
12 I am responsible for uncompromising levels of cleanliness and creating a safe and accident-free environment.





RELEVANT LINKS
Ritz Carlton Service Experience - part two
Ritz Carlton website
Exceeding Customer Expectations - A Seven Point Plan - Are customers really are in charge when it comes to dealing with organisations. Here is a seven-point plan to make sure the customer is 'king' (Customer Management, July/August 2006).
Customer Is King - the book

2 comments:

Unknown said...

update available at
http://www.forbes.com/2009/10/30/simon-cooper-ritz-leadership-ceonetwork-hotels.html
in the form of a great, succinct interview

George said...

Robert

Thanks for referring me on to this. really powerful and it will be perfect for our Media Agency. In the same way, I think you are right that this will work for most any professional service firm. Good luck with the book and thanks once again. Priceless.  G