Accountants Update (Oct 2013).
I have been asked to put my accounting and professional service firm blogs etc in one place. These apply to accountants, lawyers, bankers and most professional service firms. Often I am misquoted, but do feel free to add your own comments:
- Effective Marketing - a short article on effective marketing for accountants
- Accountancy Age Interview - 25-minute interview on "What accountants should be providing to their clients"
- What Entrepreneurs Want From Their Accountants (Real Business) which is based on Know Me Know My Business (in ACCA Global In Practice). Also you can see Accountants - Know Me Know My Business - the original article and also Bankers - Know Me, Know My Business (Chartered Banker)
- Professional Service Firms and Smaller Businesses - specifically aimed at accountants, this thought piece applies to all PSFs
- "I Love My Accountant" - blog entry. Accountants can be... should be... and, in fact, must be... fantastic for your business...
- Watching Sales Increase by 150% in an Accounting Firm - a real case study
- Change Your Business - It Just Takes One Day - another case study
- A Mini Case Study - small and perfectly formed
- Clients Should Sack Their Accountants - this one put the cat among the pigeons. This was based on Steve Pipe's Is Robert Craven Right When He Says Clients Should Sack Their Accountants (AccountingWeb)
- Accountants, Ostriches and the Insane - the blog that generated 80+ comments
- Not All Accountants Are Ostriches - Real Business columnist Robert Craven argued last week that all accountants are ostriches. How wrong he is! (Real Business)
- Should Clients Sack Their Accountants? - interview with Mark Lee (AccountingWeb) following on from the Steve Pipe article...
- Accountants Don't Understand Marketing (Daily Telegraph) - this is where some commentators got the wrong end of the stick