They call this ‘leverage’: using what you’ve got… re-packaging it to reach more or different people.
The business education bit: the problem that most business owners have is that they think that they can do most things themselves. Wrong! As a seriously under-performing DIY ‘man about the house’ I can assure you that there are a couple of things that you need to know:
- Most people are lousy at DIY.
- Most people hate the instruction book which is usually wrong and irrelevant.
- Most DIYers only call in the experts when they start to get out of their depth. In other words, when it is too late.
My point: you can attempt DIY and it may well work but…
- You need a great instruction manual.
- You need to be honest about what you can and what you can’t do.
- Be prepared to call in the experts.
The mini-case study bit: a consultancy can use much of its existing collateral (tools and techniques) with one-to-one.
And the leverage? You can sell access to your existing tools and techniques via a Business Club. New clients get access to our tools (but not on a one-to-one basis) and if they get stuck they can still call in the experts. Everyone wins.
This is leverage – using existing assets/skills/expertise in a different way. Surely you can leverage what you’ve already got – present it in a different way or to a different audience.