The situation is as follows:
- Women are the Number One business opportunity. As Tom Peters says, ‘they buy lotsa stuff…’ ;
- Men and women are very different…;
- Men are (still) in control… and are ‘totally, hopelessly, clueless about women’;
- Not enough ’stuff’ is designed for women or communicated in a way that appeals to women;
- Most stuff for women is, to be frank, pretty patronising;
- We are witnessing changes in America but little seems to be changing on this side of the pond (the UK).
So there’s your opportunity.
Do I have to spell it out to you? I don’t think so.
This is not a feminist thing but a straight-down-the-line commercial argument. Women are not a niche market or a minority – they have wallets, and for many businesses, women as decision-makers and consumers hold the key to future success.
What are you going to do about it?