Thursday 30 August 2007

The Jelly Effect by Andy Bounds

I have found the perfect partner for my book 'Bright Marketing' - the strapline/subtitle to my book is 'Why should people bother to buy from you?'... and Andy Bounds answers this question elegantly in his new book The Jelly Effect... And I quote

“Every single product is bought because of what is left AFTER they’ve bought the product... Do not leave them to draw their own conclusion about the AFTERs."


(He goes on to talk about networking, how to sell more, referrals and making presentations)



So, what are your AFTERS?
- What is left after they have bought your product?
- What do they buy your product for - what DESIRED AFTERS do they want?
- What are your selling points?



'The Jelly Effect' is brilliant - read it... I have already lost my copy to one of my team!


RELATED LINKS:
Bright Marketing - the book
The Jelly Effect - the book
Andy Bounds - the website

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Robert

I am reading that particular book right this moment! And it's great - so far.
It's one of those proper Business Advice books: you constantly have to put it down to jot down ideas for your business, circumstances triggered by what you read.

Will definitely get a spot in my 'foundation' books

Karin H. (Keep It Simple Sweetheart, specially in business)

Anonymous said...

Just when one thinks many "authors" are just recycling other's theories, badly, along comes a true delight of a gem. This is one of those grand occasions. The book is a joy to read, and impossible to put down for even a moment.
Andy Bounds is one of the most likeable, pragmatic, innovative authors today. Whilst the information within the book is simple, effective and captivating, the delivery made me immediately feel like I was being coached by someone I've admired throughout my life. Yet, I'd never heard of him before reading the review on this blog!
As with Robert's books, if you are willing to donate a little of your time, this is one of those Eureka! Change your life, help change other's lives AND drastically improve your business goals. What a concept!!
Thanks Robert, for a great recommendation, and as you have said, a perfect companion to Bright Marketing!