- What is the need that must be satisfied?
- What are the products or services that will satisfy demand?
- Who/what is the competition?
- How are the need and the product best connected?
The fundamental question, then, is to write down your marketing vision. In other words:
Why... which customers... will choose us!
- Your market position now, and in the future.
- Your customer position now and in the future.
- the effectiveness of communication; it will improve and help awareness.
- Is the business/brand distinct? Is it continuing to demonstrate its difference?
- Is the business/brand proposition meaningful and right for the target audience?
- How highly do customers think of and feel about the business? What is their perception of its quality and of its 'momentum' – its growth in popularity?
- How many people know the business/brand and, more important, truly understand what it is about?
Checklist - Marketing meets business strategy
Decide what you want to do with the business:
- Make it grow?
- Keep it stable?
- Decrease its size?
How are you going to be different from the rest?
- By cost leadership (by being the cheapest with the lowest costs)?
- By being uniquely different (by finding your niche)?
- By concentration and focus (on a few key products or services)?
READ THE FULL ARTICLE:
Some Crunch Marketing Questions in BusinessZone
Bright Marketing - the book
Customer Is King - the book
Let's Talk... Bright Marketing - free seminar series starts in September!