Monday, 5 April 2010

Thank You!

We do not say “thank you” enough.

Therefore we take people for granted. If people feel taken for granted they become less loyal. Is that what you want?

I don’t know why people don’t say “thank you” so much these days. Maybe it just isn’t cool to be seen to be thankful.

Maybe it shows vulnerability or frailty to acknowledge that you are grateful.

Or maybe the problem is that most words lose their value and their currency with over-use ("nice", "pro-active", "strategy" to name but a few).

Turning the situation around, I am constantly aware of how certain people seem almost incapable of saying "thank you". Why would that be? Maybe they aren’t grateful(?); but their inability to acknowledge my action actually hurts me.

So, when did you last say (and mean) the words “thank you”?

Your kids, partner, staff, customers, suppliers will all appreciate a sincere "thank you".

The cynical may say that I am just trying to put deposit in the emotional bank account (or some similar weasel words) but actually I think that it is just basic common courtesy to acknowledge when someone does something for you.

Thank you for reading my blog

Robert Craven
Post a Comment