Thursday 29 November 2007

Which Books Would You Recommend?


At the Let’s Talk… More Profit event we ran yesterday in Woking I was asked to “recommend some business books worth reading, something that moves on from the Old Michael Gerber I have just re-read”.

Here’s the first five that came to my head – they won’t suit everyone but I do find myself suggesting certain people read them (you know who you are!):
Tim Ferris – The 4-hour workweek
Felix Dennis – How To Get Rich
Bo Burlingham – Small Giants
Andy Bounds – The Jelly Effect
The Long Tail - Chris Anderson

There are loads of others but these are the ones I seem to be recommending at the moment… (and of course my own!)


RELEVANT BLOG ARTICLES
Bright Marketing Seminar in Bath – review of 4-hour Workweek
How To Get Rich - Felix Dennis – a crisp quote
Small Giants - companies that choose to be great rather than big….
The Jelly Effect by Andy Bounds

2 comments:

Tony said...

IMHO #1,3,5 are a srelavant now as when they were written.

Felix D is fun but too much about "me".

Robert Craven said...

see the article at Real Business and the Bus Gurus book
http://realbusiness.co.uk/advice_and_guides/my-favourite-guru-robert-craven-on-tim-ferriss-and-chris-anderson