Most people have hugely inflated ideas of what they will get when they sell their business - I mean totally unrealistic!
Doom and gloom or what!
- How much do you think the business is worth right now?
- How much would someone realistically pay you for it right now?
- How much do you want it to be worth in x years?
- What do you need to do create the business that someone will pay that amount for?
- Who do you need to talk to in order to make sure that your sums really will stack up (business growth adviser, banker, accountant, lawyer, business transfer agent)?
If you don’t start planning your exit right now then you may well have a very impoverished retirement!
Let's Talk Growth - Exit, Sell Or Retire workshop in Birmingham on 2nd November
Time For A Sharp Exit - Options To Get Out Of Your Business - article for IOD