Adapted from the 'Introduction' to Bright Marketing
- Why should people bother to buy from you when they can buy from the competition?
- What makes your business different from the rest?
- We live in a world where everything claims to be better and yet everything seems to be the same…
– Bright Marketing argues that in a world full of mediocrity it doesn’t take that much to stand out from the competition. How do you do that?
- Most businesses try to be all things to all people…– they become seen as a jack-of-all-trades. On the other hand, the business that adopts the principles of Bright Marketing is known for their deep understanding/knowledge (and can charge premium prices!); they become recognised as the first port of call. The trick is to know how to make that happen.
- In a world that celebrates celebrity, people have a choice…– they can buy from the ‘me too’ also-rans, or they can buy from the market leaders. Whether you trade locally, regionally, nationally or internationally you can put yourself ahead of the competition.
- Most businesses are only expert at the technical side of their job and they don’t know how to communicate effectively with their customer…– meanwhile, customers buy from the company that they believe will do the best job. So, the likelihood is that the customer will buy from the business that they, the customer, believe is the best. Is that you?
- The real problem is that most businesses are too much in love with themselves and what they do…– and they don’t spend enough time looking at the business through the eyes of the customer.
- You Need To Stand Out From The Rest, But How Do You Do That?- Bright Marketing will show you how to become seen in your field. The book is about branding… it is about positioning… it is about entrepreneurship… but actually it is about a whole lot more.
- A Marketing Book for Professional Marketers?- Yes and no! Well, mainly no!
Bright Marketing does not set out to be a standard marketing book or a textbook. It was not written with any exams or qualifications in mind.
However, professional marketers will appreciate its down-to-earth approach to getting more sales; in fact, we go out of our way to focus on how a business can get more sales.
In reality we now have, and we welcome, a large following of professional marketers who consider themselves to be Bright Marketers applying the BM techniques to their workplace or to that of their clients.
- So Is It For You?
If you run your own business and want a no-nonsense guide to getting more customers (with relatively little expenditure) then this is for you.
If you are helping to grow a business then this is for you.
If you want practical tools to help you get more customers then this is for you!
RELATED LINKSBright Marketing websiteRobert Craven website
RELATED ARTICLESA Marketing Manifesto in Growing Business magazine