It isn't just Jobs or Ghandi that can teach us about marketing and business. Jared Fabac writes a neat blog What Bob Dylan Taught Us About Marketing.
(The 70-year-old is still achieving... 34 studio albums, more than 500 songs, more than 3100 concerts, 11 grammy’s, one Oscar, two doctorates at Universities, several exhibitions around the world with his artwork, listed as one of Time’s most influential people of the 20th century, nominated several times for the Nobel Literature Prize, and so on.)
The key lessons are:
- Create content that is unique to your product, and deliver it in the way of tomorrow
- Deliver your content in multiple streams
- Be where your customers are
- Don't appeal to everyone
Feels like a pretty neat list that an be reflected on for some time.
- Create material that people of all ages can relate to
- Reflect the dreams and aspirations of a generation
- Don't get stuck in a rut
- Surround yourself with the best in your field
- Stubbornly do things the way you want to do them (irrespective of what the people say)
Of course Dylan is very much alive and still touring.
Final, lyrical thoughts